Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Starring: Grant Cramer, Suzanne Snyder, John Allen Nelson, Royal Dano, John Vernon
Directed: Stephen Chiodo
Studio: Arrow Video
Disc Release Date: April 24, 2018
Step aside Pennywise… These Killer Klowns from Outer Space are outta this world literally! and they re packing deadly popcorn guns and cotton candy cocoons!
When Mike and his girlfriend Debbie warn the local police that a gang of homicidal alien-clowns have landed in the nearby area (in a spaceship shaped like a circus big-top, no less), the cops are naturally sceptical. Before long however, reports are coming in from other anxious residents detailing similar run-ins with the large-shoed assailants. There can no longer be any doubt the Killer Klowns from Outer Space are here, and they re out to turn the Earth s population into candy floss!
Written and produced by the Chiodo brothers knowns for their work on a host of special-effects laden hits such as Team America: World Police and the Critters movies Killer Klowns from Outer Space is a cinematic experience unparalleled in this galaxy, now newly restored by Arrow Video for this stellar edition.
Killer Klowns from Outer Space is a Comedy Horror that brings some Cheese and a Cult Following. The film runs straight to the point with the Alien Klowns making their way to the screen almost from the start of the film. Klowns take over a small town after landing there spaceship tent full of wacky rooms. The Klowns are collecting Humans in a cotton candy cocoon so the can dissolved within and be used as a drank or food. A few college friends and a Police officer are the only ones that seemed be left to save the town and or World.
The Movie for me is a classic but not a high rating film. It’s a fun story with great wacky set of carnival pieces. It’s a cheesy film with not great acting but the film knows this and with the comedy portion it makes more fun. The Horror aspect it’s also great as the Klowns look pretty great for a low-budget B film.
Overall the film for me is fun and brings back memories. The Arrow Release brings us a better transfer and great extras. If you don’t own it this is the version you want. If you have the older Blu-Ray, I would say to pick it up if you’re a stickler for better PQ or if you a collector of Arrow. The Artwork is also better with a cool Slip that shines. Also would be a great upgrade for those who love the film more than an average. But if you have the older Blu and you think the movie is just OK then I say stick with the older copy. For the rest who don’t have it, Pick it up. Have fun.
With that said I give this movie a 4 out of 5 stars for its fun story and great looking Klowns.
- Brand new restoration from a 4K scan of the original camera negative
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Newly remastered stereo 2.0 and 5.1 DTS-HD MA audio options
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Archive audio commentary with the Chiodo Brothers
- Let the Show Begin! Anatomy of a Killer Theme Song an all-new interview with the original members of the American punk band, The Dickies
- The Chiodos Walk Among Us: Adventures in Super 8 Filmmaking – all-new documentary highlighting the making of the Chiodo Brothers childhood films, from the giant monster epics made in their basement to their experiments in college
- New HD transfers of the complete collection of the Chiodo Brothers 8mm and Super 8 films, including Land of Terror, Free Inside, Beast from the Egg, and more!
- Tales of Tobacco an interview with star Grant Cramer
- Debbie s Big Night an interview with star Suzanne Snyder
- Bringing Life to These Things a tour of Chiodo Bros. Productions
- The Making of Killer Klowns archive production featurette
- Visual Effects with Gene Warren Jr. archive interview with co-writer/producer Charles Chiodo and visual effects supervisor Gene Warren Jr.
- Kreating Klowns archive interview with Charles Chiodo and creature fabricator Dwight Roberts
- Komposing Klowns archive interview with composer John Massari
- Klown Auditions
- Deleted Scenes with filmmaker s audio commentary
- Image Galleries
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sara Deck